-->

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Latest Favorites: January 2012

Yet another addition to the blog will be monthly (bi-monthly, possibly) posts about what are my favorite things at the moment. I hope I can bring some information/new music/ideas/books/shows/art to your atmosphere.

January 2012:
1. The Fault in Our Stars -- I may be slightly biased because I'm in love with the Nerdfighters, but when I started this book I couldn't put it down. It's tragic and awesome and witty and it feels so real, like I could be any character in this book and know that same feeling. It's so down-to-earth, and John Green (author) is an excellent writer. I suggest everyone get this book and read it for themselves.

2. How I Met Your Mother -- This is a oldie, but a goodie. There are now 7 seasons of this show on Netflix for instant streaming. I have always caught episodes, but I never watched them sequentially. Now that I have (I'm into season 4) I am hooked. It reminds me of me and my friends in 10 years, and it's so relateable! Watch a few episodes or get hooked on like me, you'll enjoy it either way.

3. Gotye -- My new music find. (Actually, to be fair, a friend made me a YouTube 'playlist' and one of his songs was included on it.) I just love his voice, and he's currently on tour in the United States!

Check out this music video, which is simply amazing:

4. 2012 Constellations of the Northern Hemisphere Wall Calender -- I'll be the first to admit that I love everything space and aliens and weird happenings and things of the sort. And these wall calenders are awesome! They are now on sale for $15, courtesy of littlebrightstudio @ Etsy.

5. Pomagranates -- A simple favorite, but needed to be included. I've been trying to be better about health and wellness, and while expensive, these fruits are probably one of the best things for you. Filled with antioxidants and other great vitamins, I'm definitely going to stock up and freeze before they're out of season for good.


What's your latest favorites?! I wanna know, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment