-->

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Things keeping me sane this week...

          The dreaded finals week is upon us college student. As someone once said on the Internet, "99% of the stress in 1% of the semester... time to Occupy the Library." Which I know I'll be doing later this week. I only have one final (one of the few perks of being an art student), but it's a doozy psychology class.
          Other than that, I've been finishing up my art history course (which ended tonight), in the digital lab printing my photos, working on my last few ceramic pieces, and acting like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to remember if I've done everything.

Here's some things that have been keeping me from reaching the brink of insanity:

          1. Document a Day // A Day In My Life
If you have a livejournal account, pop over to this community: Document A Day. Seriously, this photo concept really got me into photography when I was 13-14 years old, and I have fallen in love ever since. And (I feel like a creeper saying this, but) I love looking at other peoples' lives and what they do in their days. If you can, try the project for yourself and see how much fun it is! But please, read their guidelines before posting.

Image of DaD's front logo


          2. TED Talks
If you haven't heard of this website yet, you've really been missing out. TED presents videos on new and exciting ideas, people with extraordinary abilities, and even some comics! Whether you have five minutes or hours, these are sure to brighten up you day. My personal favorites: 
TED's front webpage

          3. Louis CK
This guy has easily become one of my favorite comics. Famous from his stand-up, his show Louie (available on Netflix), and his reoccuring role on Parks and Recreation, I can't say I've seen anything that I DIDN'T like him in. He's a bit edgy, but if you don't mind the vulgarity and language, he's super funny. His stand-up, Louis C.K: Chewed Up is on Netflix and Youtube, and he also just recorded a show at Beacon Theater which you can download for $5 off his website -- that's my activity for tonight!


          4. EOS Products
An odd jump from Louis CK, I know, but I can't stop obsessing over EOS lip balms. Anyone who personally knows me, knows that the amount of stress I am under equals how raw my lips become. Bad habit -- I literally bite into my lips when I'm stressed. EOS products are so fun and I really want to collect them all. You can find them at most drug stores or on their website.
Totally didn't realize I have Christmas colors until I took this picture... now my purse is so festive!
... and check out that manicure! ;D

          5. Storycorps
Storycorps is a website dedicated to having people record their own stories. Easy and functional, I imagine I'm going to be spending a lot of time listening to these at work this Christmas break. They're just so cute and fun. I haven't indulged as much time as I would like into this website yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Here's a prime example of what kind of stuff is on there:



What's getting you through this week? Let me know in a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment