-->

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Inspiration Thursday #3: Kate Beaton

          This Inspiration Thursday features Kate Beaton, the famous cartoonist of the web comic, Hark! A Vagrant. I had the chance to meet Kate when she was in Boston on her tour for her new book, originally titled, Hark! A Vagrant, and can be bought in local bookstores, or here.

I was first in line because I'm kind of obsessed with her because I am a dedicated fan, and she even drew a character from my favorite comic, based on the book The Great Gatsby.


          I would say more, but her website pretty much speaks for itself. You can spend hours reading through them all if you haven't already. Kate started out as an anthropology major in college, and decided to illustrate through the campus newspaper. Everything erupted from there, and in May of 2008 Hark! A Vagrant was born. Since then, she has made over 300 small comics, each dedicated to a literary, historical, or fictional character.

 This one is hilarious and scarring all the same.

And in Hark! A Vagrant like fashion, I leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment