-->

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Inspiration Thursday #12: Dina Goldstein

I know there's a lot of drawings, photographs, and other things surrounding the Disney Princesses nowadays. From the Disney Princesses Mean Girls, to the hipster memes surrounding them, you're bound to run into something on the Internet.

But these are the photographs by Dina Goldstein, who witnessed her young daughters falling into Disney's trap and expectations. What I like is when they're taken out of their "happily ever after" setting, and into a more realistic life. As someone who grew up idolizing Belle from Beauty and the Beast, I've definitely grown out of the model that Disney fed me as a kid, and it's time that we all see the truth and reality in what "happily ever after" means. Especially in this economy, as pessimistic as it might be for me to say, I don't think many of us have a "happily ever after" to look forward to.





Check out the rest of the gang at Dina Goldstein's website, Fallen Princesses.

I also want to point out that there was ANOTHER photographer that recently used the same concept. Thomas Czarnecki's collection is a still a lot different then Goldstein's, but definitely worth a look.


What do you think of using Disney Princesses as subject matter in photographer work?
How do you like how they are portrayed here? 

Let me know in a comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment